Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today's topic Donuts.  In particular how I compare my life to a certain donut. 

I hate custard filled donuts, hate them.  I can't understand why anyone would want one when there are delicious creme filled donuts.  I want the creme filled donut in life, but wind up so often with the custard.  I hate that. 

Several years ago, my sister Ginna and I were in San Fransisco on the Wharf just touring around.  What do we find?  A store selling Krispy Kreme donuts.  We decide to get one.  Mmmm, I am thinking a delicious creme filled donut!  The rack is labeled, my sister gets one and I get one from the same labeled rack.  Hers, delicious creme filled donut, mine disgusting custard filled.  I don't eat it because it is gross.  I threw it away. 

And that, people, so often is my life in a nutshell, or in this case donut hole.  I want the delicious creme filled donut, I take action to get the delicious creme filled donut, I pay for the delicious creme filled donut, but no, I get a disgusting custard filled donut.  

So, this is my code for something in my life completely sucking.  I got a custard donut.  My sister makes sure to point out that I get the occasional creme filled donut.  And I do.  But somehow the gross custard filled donuts of life take over and I can't get the taste out of my mouth. 

One of the biggest custard donuts of my life was a car.  A Nissan Altima.  That thing was a lemon and not a nice lemon filled donut but a real lemon.  I missed the lemon law by one, (custard donut).  The dealership fixed the car over and over again until they realized the lemon law loomed ahead.  Then suddenly, it was my fault the car was a huge, for lack of anything bad enough to call it, custard donut.  I talked to the dealership and corporate and no one would look at my point of view.  I didn't want any money or them to do anything but take the car back and me walk.  They could resell or actually fix it and resell.  But they wanted to stick me with the stinking mass of junk.  So that is what happened I got stuck with the piece of crap custard donut. 

When I really dream big you call it the chocolate iced, glazed, creme filled donut. Not just glazed creme filled, or chocolate iced creme filled but both.  You have to ask for that one.  They don't just make them.  You go to the store and ask them to chocolate ice a glazed creme filled donut.  Now, you can't do this often because the other name for this donut is the Full Heart Attack.  The other two merely clog your arteries.  But the chocolate iced, glazed. creme filled could potentially do you in.  But you die happy.  So it is a trade off.

1 comment:

  1. You have always been my creme filled donut (although I thought custard was creme). I really don't like either, to be honest. I would prefer apple filled. I actually don't like donuts though. I prefer spaghetti. You can be my linguini marinara with parmesan cheese sprinkled liberally over it!

    ReplyDelete